Quest Team Paranormal Paranormal Investigations Forum

Login
FAQ

Silver Crypt Wellsville, Ohio

Have you had an experience with an Entity, Imprint, Warp, Poltergeist, or Natural?

Moderator: Scott

Re: Silver Crypt Wellsville, Ohio

Postby Scott » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:17 pm

Some things were brought to light with our visit to the crypt. First and foremost young Sylvester (who was 4 at the time of death) was a mover. We now know this because Sylvester’s original grave stone is in the crypt. Sylvester was buried in Spring Hill Cemetery in 1856. This would have been before Dr. Silver was prominent enough to build such an elaborate crypt. Nancy never recovered from losing her first born at such a young age. Sylvester tragically died on his fourth birthday. When she passed in 1885 Sylvester’s remains were exhumed and now rest alongside Nancy in her vault. With Sylvester no longer in the ground, his headstone was moved to the crypt for storage and safe keeping. Surprisingly, no one has walked off with it.

As for the baby vault… IF there was a baby I have a theory. The Crypt was built in 1873. Twelve years before David or Nancy’s death. Nancy would have been 53 years old at the time. Not likely she would be having another child at that age, but their daughter Margaret would have been 15 years old. Is it possible that the baby belonged to the young Margaret? Possibly out of wedlock? Maybe the pregnancy was hidden? Perhaps through complications or just the fact that babies at that time often did not survive their first year. That could shed some light on why the babies vault was never marked. Family secret?

Just throwing some ideas out here for discussion.
Scott

Postby Ghost Girl » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:24 pm

I’ve never read anything about the tombstone before. I wonder why no one else has picked up on that?
Ghost Girl

Postby Scott » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:58 pm

Posting the video documenting our findings thus far on the first post of this topic.
Scott

Previous

Return to Ghosts